Here are some things going through my mind right now. I’m going to write this in a subdued tone because I’m tired and I can only handle so much. But I may not be able to sustain that tone.
- What are people talking about when they say that Trump is homophobic and racist and sexist and anti Semitic? What do they think he’s going to do to gay black Jewish women? Lynch them? What do they actually think he’s going to do? I do not understand.
- People who are otherwise basically rational in their private lives for some reason have completely lost their sanity regarding the election. Some people are crying, weeping, bawling, literally acting like two year olds when their Aba tells them they cannot watch the 47 minute long national geographic walrus documentary for the 3rd time in a row. They start screaming and my two year old sometimes actually faints from crying. This is what these people are doing. They’ve completely lost their blanks. Why? What are they actually afraid of, in reality? I do not understand.
- Other people are so maniacally happy that I don’t understand what they think is going to happen either. Do they think Trump will bring paradise? That he is the Moshiach? That he will put China in its place or something and get rid of the Mexicans? And they think this will make their lives better, not being able to buy Chinese products anymore? What are they so happy about? I do not understand.
- All the people that say that Trump is Hitler, what do they mean? When I say Hillary is Hitler for example and I call her Hitlery, what I mean, literally, is that she has killed more innocent people than Hitler. That can’t really be argued, it’s just a mathematical statement. But what do they mean when they say that Trump is Hitler? Do they mean he has killed more people than Hitler? I don’t think that Trump has killed anybody yet. He will for sure, but as of now his hands are clean. I don’t understand this Trump Hitler thing. He’s definitely got the potential, but what are they specifically talking about? Do they think he will slaughter the Mexicans, literally round them up and murder them? What are they saying? I do not understand.
- If riots are happening because some guy is president, what happens when bankruptcy hits and government checks run dry? It’s going to be mayhem. Thousands and perhaps hundreds of thousands could get killed. Why do people not get this, but instead they are worried about Trump being anti gay or whatever they say he is. What do they think he will do to gays? I realize I asked this already, but I still do not understand. Why doesn’t anyone see the bankruptcy coming and instead are focusing on him being “anti woman” but refuse to specify exactly what they think he will do against women.
- Does anyone know any heterosexual man who hasn’t said something similar to grabbing women by the vagina in boisterous chatter with friends? I do not know a single man who hasn’t been vulgar behind closed doors in telling jokes and bantering, myself included. Yet I do not grab women by their vaginas. There’s nothing to grab on to. How does one grab a vagina? As one of my gay friends boisterously and vulgarly explained his sexual preferences to me once, he doesn’t enjoy sex with women because “There’s nothing to grab on to.” I laughed uncomfortably because even though this was one of my best childhood friends, I am homophobic. That doesn’t mean I am afraid of gay people. I am not. But I am involuntarily disgusted by thoughts of gay sex acts when they are put in my head through incidental conversation. What straight man isn’t? I do not understand.
- How do Hillary supporters not see that she is an evil human being? How do they turn their brains off to her sickness? Even the Podesta emails, which put most of this evil right out in the open, could not convince them. What do they think they are missing now that she is not going to be president? What good specifically do they think she would have done? These people do not even understand what good even is. Perhaps they think she would have passed equal work equal pay laws, which would have unemployed hundreds of thousands of women. I do not understand.
- Why do Trump supporters not see the BS in his victory speech? With what money is he going to rebuild the nation’s highways, and how is putting people to work rebuilding highways going to make people richer? Isn’t this EXACTLY what Hitlery said she was going to do? Isn’t it exactly what Obama said he was going to do? Isn’t it exactly what every single president since Eisenhower said he was going to do? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
- Why do people not understand that we are already in an Idiocracy and both sides are part of it? Are libertarians and economic illiterates evolving into two separate species?
- Why does Aryeh Deri have to be such a disgusting pig? All the time? This thing is a leader. Of Jewish people! Who some actually respect! How did this happen? How did we get here?! How does he figure out how to say progressively stupider things, no matter how stupid and piggish the last stupid thing he said actually was, they just keep getting stupider? Not only was it stupid, it was a total non sequitur. What the heck does Trump have to do with Conservative and Reform Jews for God’s sake man! I do not understand!
“Minister Aryeh Deri has welcomed Donald Trump’s election for what he said he believed would be the blow it will strike to Reform and Conservative control of the US government and against progressive Jewish influence in Israel.
Deri made his comments during an address to the local religious council of Ashdod on Thursday.
“There is no doubt that one can give thanks to God that all those who have damned the [Jewish] covenant and all those who would wipe out Judaism who thought they could take control here over the Land of Israel and lead all these reforms in order to destroy received their blow,” said the minister.
“Their influence and the great threat they posed to us as those who hold the US government, they understand that this power has disappeared from them today, and we can continue, God willing, to strengthen traditional religion and Judaism, transmitted down to us from generation to generation.”
Deri, what the blank are you talking about? What the blank is going on in the world? Why is everything so insane?! I’m in the middle of Atlas Shrugged man. It’s come true! They’re all crazy!
12 thoughts on “Top Annoying Things About This Election I Just Do Not Understand”
Here’s another approach, to answer again 1, 2, and partly 4. What people are afraid of is not what Trump himself will do but what some people think is acceptable behavior now that Trump has been elected president. See, for example:
There are many others.
Fascinating. People lashing out violently in response to a presidential election, supposedly. Are there any videos of ANY of this? I just see tweets about people feeling paranoid and claiming to be slurred, and a picture of the word “Trump” written on a door with no evidence of whose door this is or where. HERE’s a video of a lefty calling for mass murder though on CNN. What about THAT? If Hillary were elected, would she feel justified in shooting up Trumpers? Sure SOUNDS like it. Does this mean Hillary is Hitler by the same logic? YES.
But it really means this is no logic, it’s just stupid.
Dave, your arguments are very very weak. People are looking for an excuse to feel hysterical because they need an enemy. They are whiny little brats.
“Are there any videos of ANY of this?”
So if I provide you videos, would that change your mind? If I show you evidence of where the swastikas are being spray-painted (see my 2nd link, in case you missed it), would that change your mind? Because if not, then I’m not going to bother, and in that case, I’m not sure why you asked in the first place.
I don’t think that the violence is being caused only on one side – in that case, maybe everyone should be fearful, depending on who you are and where you are living.
No, it would not change my mind. There are neo nazis everywhere. Neo nazis voted for Ron Paul. I did too. Does that mean I’m a neo Nazi or Ron Paul is in favor gassing the Jews? Someone grafitis a swastika because trump wins, does that mean Trump gasses the Jews? Would nazi like attacks have risen if Ron Paul were president? Of course they would have. But the country would have been saved from bankruptcy.
You’re right about the second part. We should all be fearful, but not because a particular politician is going to encourage violence between americans. Politics is violence by proxy. The real violence between people will come, in full force, when bonds and the dollar collapse. It will be under Trump’s watch. He will be blamed, and the left will embark on a murderous rampage against the right. It is going to be horrific Dave, and everyone is focused on the wrong things. Stay safe and have your exit strategy prepared. I’m absolutely serious.
Put it this way dave. Violating property and threatening to kill or violate innocent people is bad. But there is a difference between actually trying to stop violence, and using violence to for political ends. If these people posting these tweets and stories about swastikas were honest, they would also post the stories of blacks beating the crap out of whites who voted Trump, and Hispanics calling for the mass murder of Trump voters, etc.
But they’re not. They’re singling out one side, clearly and obviously using isolated incidents for political gain. It is clear and obvious what they’re doing. Justify violence on one side, condemn it on the other, because you want your candidate and that’s it. They don’t care about violence. They want their political gain.
You don’t see this?
Actually, if you click on the link of “Day 1 in Trump’s America” and scroll down, you will see a video of a guy getting beat up for voting Trump. I admit that I was surprised to see that video being posted among the others, but indeed I commend the poster for condemning violence on “both sides.”
When people post “one-sided violence” it is usually to expose something that they think the readers may not be aware of.
At the same time I do agree with your point that people in general do not do a good enough job of condemning violence on “both sides.”
Or this, people getting fired for voting Trump:
Or this, people getting beaten for voting Trump:
There are many many others. Stop falling into these stupid traps where one side claims the other is violent. Both sides are violent. They are ALL repugnant. The whole country is disgusting for its rhetoric, its behavior, everything. You cannot be suckered into thinking one side is good and the other is evil. Hillary and Trump are evil, and all their diehard supporters who really love them, (not the ones who are reluctantly supporting one over the other for maybe being slightly less disgusting) are evil. It’s all rotten.
The one video from Philly is non-conclusive. The person appears to be dressed in a full running suit with a baseball style hat obscuring his face. Not possible to say with certainty if he is white or black. But he is NOT dressed like a typical redneck, and this crime happened in the middle of an area that voted heavily for Clinton. Makes no sense. My bet is it is an anti-Trump activist trying to frame Trump supporters.
It’s easy to claim to be a victim, especially with a tweet or or Facebook post, so take those with a big grain of salt. The report in California of a gay man being beaten and slashed with a beer bottle by Trump supporters has already been retracted for inaccuracy and probably was a complete hoax. The Muslim girl at LSU who claimed to be attacked by pro-Trump rednecks admitted she faked it. An incident several years ago of a young girl claiming she was assaulted by neo-nazis when they held her down and carved a swastika on her forehead was taken very seriously until it was noted that the swastika was backwards…and she admitted that she had done it to herself while looking in the mirror. Claims of racial, religious, and gender victimhood need to be vetted carefully, because getting it wrong feeds false fears and unnecessary over reaction. I think that’s what we’re seeing in New York, Boston, LA, Chicago, Portland, etc.
Three of the links deal with the same racial incident at one school. It sounds plausible that there are a few idiots out there….young men do truly stupid things because their brains are not fully formed and connected. Such stuff has happened in the past and will happen in the future regardless of who is President.
One is a registry only for Muslims and the other is a registry for all American citizens.
Yes, I know that. And maybe one is a registry form on a pink paper and the other is yellow. Once again, what is the difference? Why is a registry for muslims worse than a registry for all americans to fight and kill Muslims? Again, I do not understand. I just don’t.
And there’s a registry for gun owners. And medical marijuana users. And doctors. And lawyers. And financial advisers. And taxi drivers. And any other kind of registry you can think of there are piles of them for every single american to get harassed by the government and stolen from and imprisoned for saying things.
So…why…once again…are people afraid of specifically this one registry?
Israel registers Arabs. And Druze. It’s bad. How is registering specifically muslims any worse? What happens then? They’re already registered. In MANY registries. What’s one more?
Here’s one to answer some of your questions (1, 2, and to some extent, 4): http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/11/20/donald-trump-says-hed-absolutely-require-muslims-to-register/
This is an example of an otherwise rational person (you) becoming irrational regarding politics, and I don’t understand why. How is requiring Muslims to register any different or worse than requiring every 18 year old in the country including Muslims to register for the draft, which they are required to do already, so the government can kidnap them for the purpose of killing more Muslims? Everyone is registered. Muslims are registered. Obama registers them. Nu? What are you talking about?
What is everyone afraid of? The American people will not stand for Muslim Americans being murdered by the American government. They will only stand for non American Muslims being murdered by the American government.
But I simply DO NOT see a difference.